2014

2014

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Reflections

I can't say that I'm sad for 2013 to be over. It was another tough year for me not just physically but also emotionally and spiritually. As I reflect on the past 12 months, I realize that the let down I felt this past year was due to the fact that I welcomed 2013 with high expectation to be "so much better" than 2012. I was excited to say good bye to the difficulties of 2012...the sadness of a miscarriage and the emotional and physical pain of breast cancer. But 2013 proved to be just as difficult as the previous year just in different ways.

As I was reflecting on the challenges of this past year and praying for the new year, the Lord brought this verse to mind.

"The mind of man plans his own ways, but the Lord directs his steps". Proverbs 16:9

This past year I have learned more about myself. How strong I really am yet how much I need the Lord. My prayers for 2014 is to seek God above all else and to allow Him direct each and every step of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment