2014

2014

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Child Is Born!

For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

Christmas is the time of year to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus. It's the most wonderful time of the year and my most favorite holiday! I love everything about the season; the decorations, the lights, decorated trees and Christmas carols all put me in a good mood. 
But the reason I love this time of year the most is that (almost) everyone recognizes that we are celebrating the birth of Jesus. I have made a conscience effort make this a priority in our family so that we don't lose focus of the real reason for the holiday. One thing we do is make a "happy birthday cake" for Jesus and celebrate his birthday on Christmas Eve. Another way to teach the kids about the birth of Jesus is by having Nativity scenes around the house for them to play with and set up.
I LOVE nativity scenes and have several up around the house. I have some that the kids are allowed to play with and arrange and then I have a few that are breakable and off limits to little hands. 
The kids take turns arranging the sets daily.


My mom gave me this one my first year of marriage.

My dad made this ceramic nativity. It's my favorite!

I hope and pray that you will take some time this Christmas to share the love of Christ with your friends and family. A love so strong that God sent His ONLY son to earth, to be born as a baby and to live a sinless life, then to die in our place and to take the punishment of our sins on His shoulder. 
That is what Christmas is all about! 

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment